Lagom is Approaching EOL
This project will only receive security patches until July 1, 2024, at that point the project will no longer
receive any additional patches.
If you are an existing customer of Lightbend and we have not yet contacted you, please reach out to Support.
We recommend migrating any existing work to:
- Akka for deeply customized projects with complex infrastructure needs. Akka now contains the vast majority
of Lagom features.
- Kalix for a managed scalable environment with an abstraction above the Akka framework layer to allow you to
focus only on business logic.
Lagom is an open source framework for building systems of Reactive microservices in Java or Scala. Lagom builds on Akka and Play, proven technologies that are in production in some of the most demanding applications today.
Lagom's integrated development environment allows you to focus on solving business problems instead of wiring services together. A single command builds the project, starts supporting components and your microservices, as well as the Lagom infrastructure. The build hot-reloads when it detects changes to source code.
Right-sized services created with Lagom enable:
- better defined development responsibilities—to increase agility
- more frequent releases with less risk—to improve time to market
- systems with reactive qualities: responsiveness,
resilience, scalability, and elasticticity—to make best use of modern computing environments and meet demanding user expectations
Watch the 3-minute Meet Lagom video below, or try Lagom yourself. Create a Lagom project and test a simple Hello World service in just a few minutes.