It’s Christmas! And we are very pleased to announce the availability of the first release candidate of Lagom 1.4.0. What a nice present to spent your time during the holiday season! :-)
Contrary to the previous milestone releases, a RC is production ready. We are now entering the release candidate phase (typically 4 weeks) in which only major bugs (if any) will be fixed.
- If you are migrating to Lagom 1.4.0-RC1 from 1.4.0-M3, look out for new deprecation warnings. The migration guide to 1.4 (Java/Scala) has also been improved, don’t forget to review it.
- If you are migrating into Lagom 1.4.0-RC1 from a version in the Lagom 1.3.x series you should have a look at changes introduced in latest versions of the Lagom 1.3.x series and especially you should read the migration guide to 1.4 (Java/Scala). We also recommend updating to the latest stable 1.3.x release (currently 1.3.10 as of this writing) before attempting to update to 1.4.
- Ensure Akka cluster is left gracefully based on new Akka Coordinated Shutdown
- Maven Dependency POM and Archetype supporting Scala 2.11 and 2.12
- Upgraded to Akka 2.5.8
- Upgraded to Akka HTTP 10.0.11
- Upgraded to Play 2.6.10
- Upgraded to akka-persistence-jdbc to 3.1.0
- Akka HTTP as default backend
- maxFrameLength config parameter for WebSocketClient
Thanks to the community for their detailed bug reports and contributions.
Special thanks to the following contributors who helped with this release: Tim Moore, Renato Cavalcanti, Ignasi Marimon-Clos, James Roper, Edmondo Porcu and datalchemist.